Friday, July 28, 2017

I'm hopeful

The weather prognosticators in NJ are forecasting a very wet Friday night into Saturday. The good news is the very heavy rain will be south of my QTH and the forecast for Sunday is looking decent.

That means that my plans for Flight of the Bumblebees remain intact, so far.  I hope to be operating from one of my favorites, Washington Rock State Park in Greenbrook, NJ.  As an added bonus, that is KFF-1635, so if you're a POTA chaser, work me and you'll get credit for that, as well.

Not sure whether I will use the PAR ENDFEDZ or the EARCHI.  I usually stick to 40 and 20 Meters in these sprints, especially now that we're nearing the bottom of the sun spot cycle. The EARCHI would allow me to access 15 Meters; but I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that the band will be dead, or nearly dead. I'll probably pack the magloop in the car, too and may play with that for a bit.

Hope to work you on Sunday!


72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment